Steam Profile

Monday, April 27, 2015

Something a little different - Poems by Lunaril



I've selected 3 pieces I wrote several years ago. I haven't dabbled with poetry in a long time, as I don't think they are that good, but since you put up with my rantings and ravings, I thought this might be a nice change of scenery.



The first is titled, Flying Free.



Life is like a whirlwind,

a free flying breeze,

like a leaf a drift upon the wind,

or a wave upon the seas.

Not knowing where you'll end up,

a grain amongst the sand

and like the leaf upon the breeze,

not knowing where you'll land.

Unknown of what will happen,

in life each day by day,

the road not taken is unclear,

a hazy cloud of Grey.

Not knowing where you'll end up

and never knowing where you'll be,

like a leaf adrift upon the wind,

a breeze just flying free.





This next piece is currently untitled. It was written for someone I was very close with whom I lost several years ago. It was also a very dark time in my life.



I am losing my other half.

I watch as they withdraw, self-destruct.

I join them on their downward spiral.

This spiral becomes a shared journey.



Where one dwells in darkness, among the wild thoughts of the mind,

is where my spirit now dwells.

To love and be loved, but to be apart is to be lost.

To not be able to be what your other half needs, is to be alone.

To watch the love of your life choose another, is unbearable.



I wonder if a glimmer of hope exists,

that those two lost and hurting hearts will one day be one.

For as long as the possibility is there and is real, it is worth fighting for.

If it really is just a dream, I pray to never wake, never dream, never be...



Finally, the last is titled Memories of You. This was written over 16 years ago, after an ended engagement. It was originally set to music, and I had sung it A-Capella back in the day, but now it is just a poem.



Memories of You



I went to a place the other day, which we used to go to.

A special place, a sacred ground where I said I love you.

I went there with thoughts of you playing on my mind,

remembering things of long ago, from once upon a time.



I once thought we were happy and we'd share a life of love.

Forever we would be together, was the plan from up above.

I couldn't help but be blinded by a love I thought was true,

and now all that I have left are Memories of You.



It hurts when I think about how we once did part,

Of how a love that once was strong, became two broken hearts.

Was there something that I could have done, something I could say

that forever would turn back the hands of time and all that happened that day?



I once thought we were happy and we'd share a life of love.

Forever we would be together, was the plan from up above.

I couldn't help but be blinded by a love I thought was true.

If this were the last dream I'd ever have, I would want to dream of you.



I once thought we were happy, and we'd share a life of love.

Forever we would be together, was the plan from up above.

I couldn't help but be blinded by a love I thought was true,

and now all that I have left are Memories of You.



Thank you for taking the time to enjoy some of my poetry. I have literally dozens more, some published, some not if enough people are interested. Maybe I will share more at a later time. In the meantime, thank you again for visiting, A Touch of Realism. Don't forget to leave questions or comments, join me on Google+, Facebook and have a great rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment